Yesterday Reviews

• 3h ago

Yesterday... la odie, y la odie porque tiene un final feliz que no se merece. Ellie es la manager de Jack, quien desde los 7 años admiraba y amaba, quien siempre lo apoyó, Elizabeth es una maestra que para ella lo más importante eran sus alumnos, su pequeña ciudad, la honestidad, la lealtad, el amor. Ellie es una mujer en un billón. Jack es un perdedor que por una casualidad tiene un conocimiento de la música de The Beatles, mal cantante, fracasado, soberbio y que no tiene remordimiento de ser famoso a costillas de otros y ni siquiera se molestó en abandonar a Ellie 2 veces. Jack jamás mereció a Ellie. Es una película cursi, sin alma, mal cantada y no tiene el sello de Danny Boyle.

• 5h ago

Well-made and mildly entertaining, but unfortunately the love story feels like a forced afterthought - main character isnt particularly likable despite good acting because no time was spent meaningfully developing his character. It follows that the main characters lack chemistry. Story also seems lacking in coherence - there seems to be no thematic glue holding it together. Main (tired) message of normal life/love is more important than fame and money didnt really come through until the end and didnt tie in with the rest of the movie.

• 9h ago

Bloody fantastic. British humour, nostalgia, beautiful music, absolutely brilliant voice. the romance is just a side story imo, and should not be the deciding factor if you like the movie or not.

• 9h ago

I agree with critics concensus but there is one scene that is pure gold even a diamond of IMAGINEation

• 14h ago

Loved how this movie was written and thought it was a breath of fresh air!

Loved how this movie was written and thought it was a breath of fresh air!

• 17h ago

The gags were to obviously placed. The story couldn't catch me emotionally.

The gags were to obviously placed. The story couldn't catch me emotionally.

• 20h ago

Yesterday Pros: - Great Acting (except for Kate McKinnon) - Fine Directing - Passable Cinematography - Good Editing - Strong Humor - Outstanding Soundtrack - Acceptable Pacing Cons: - Underwhelming Plot - Mediocre Screenplay - Doesn’t always take full advantage of what can be done with the premise Overall Grade: B (7/10)

• 22h ago

Sometimes it gets boring...

Sometimes it gets boring...

• 1d ago

SPOILERS AHEAD 'Danny Boyle to direct a Richard Curtis screenplay about the music of The Beatles' Oh my, that sounds like the making of movie magic and a classic that will stand the test of time and be held in such high regards in 20 years time. That's what I thought going into this film. That is not what I thought after seeing the film. On paper, this should deliver the goods but I cant quite figure out why it didn't. Himesh Patel is brilliant, and this is clearly a break out role. In fact, Himesh and the soundtrack are the best things about it. I have grown quite fond of Lily James in the last few years and it was such a shame to see her relegated to just a standard and quite unmemorable love interest. Even Kate McKinnon, who was the best thing about the Ghostbusters reboot, feels out of place and uncomfortable. I'm aware this review so far is quite negative, but the film is not bad, I'm just baffled why it isn't amazing. Yes, it is a tad predictable, with the standard grand declaration of love in the third act. But I feel like it is perfect film for the YouTube channel CinemaSins. Why, if there was a global power cut, did the headlights on the bus go out? Why was there a global blackout for 12 minutes? And, why is that is never mentioned again? Why do only 3 people remember The Beatles? And how did the Russian and the mum from Liverpool meet? There are some great elements of the film, like the inclusion of (SPOILER ALERT) John Lennon and the settings in Liverpool retracing some of the iconic songs. I love movies, but find it difficult to find time to watch them. So, I have a rule... If it doesn't hold my attention or engage me in the first 25 minutes, I don't finish it. This film has a great first act and it did engage me, but it slowly lost its own focus by the third act and couldn't decide if it wanted to be a comedy, a drama, a dramedy. I finished the movie and certainly wanted to listen to The Beatles and I do feel like the movie is good celebration of their legacy. It feels like someone trying to create a Richard Curtis script, but doesn't quite have the knack. Its lacking. It feels like a first draft to get the movie green-lit and Danny Boyle was distracted by Bond film he was gearing up for. The film definitely has charm, just a shame its not charming.

• 2d ago