Young Guns II Reviews

• Feb 16, 2019

Young guns 2 is the follow up to Young guns. Good and steady acting. Good characters that in my opinion weren't as good as the ones in the original. Good cinematography especially one shot were Garret trys to shoot Billy the kid. Good setting. Good set design. Good costume design especially Billy the kid. Okay to good dialogue. Okay story but its ruined by the narrating in my opinion. Very good action but tiwned down from the first film. The music is okay but it in my opinion it doesnt fit a western. The comedy is better in the original in my opinion but this one still has a couple of laughs. Like the last one why the slow motion, but the film is still very enjoyable. Over all I give it a 5/10

• Oct 05, 2018

I love the first one and approve of this sequel, Both movies are great and a lot of lines are quotable. " Ill make you famous " " Best dollar 80 ive ever spent "" Chavez " " Get back in your vehicle and drive before I make it 22 for the god damn hell of it. " ....... Awesome movie.

• Oct 26, 2017

Not as good as the first one. Pretty close though.

Not as good as the first one. Pretty close though.

• Jun 26, 2017

A decent follow up, however, the fallacies of the first do come home to roost.

A decent follow up, however, the fallacies of the first do come home to roost.

• Mar 05, 2017

This film is a childhood favourite of mine, so I might be biased, but as far as fun, shoot-em up westerns go, this one is high on my list. It is not an intellectual film, or experimental by any means, but the soundtrack will be stuck in your head for days, and there are enough interesting characters and guns (colt lightnings) to keep your attention. Personally, I love this version of Billy, despite its non-factual accuracy. It is a fun 90's western, simple as that!

• Feb 19, 2017

This definitive modern western sequel far exceeds the scope and dramatic depth of the original. Very few cowboy films allow the modern viewer to so easily relate to this thoroughly mythified era of 19th century american history as this artistic and stylized gunslinger. In the second installment of the Young Guns duo-logy, we revisit the thoroughly flawed hero Billy The Kid, who despite successfully avenging his mentor, finds himself trapped eternally in a world where wild eyed youths adore him, yet New Mexico could never allow him to live. This fantastical downward journey is both melancholy, and absurdly comical.The real Billy The Kid rode with a gang of 30 or more, and his partner Chavez Y Chavez was in reality a sociopathic murderer, as opposed to a Navajo savant. Yet, given the confines of hollywood films, here we expose in all of his possible guises, one of the most alluring wild west figures. We ride along with Billy the jokester, as he shows us the humanity and humor that might still exist in the rough and tumble, take no prisoners world of the Santa Fe ring.

• Jun 09, 2016

Loved the cast, the loved the movie... at the time for me, very iconic characters (since I loved the first film).

• Oct 09, 2015

Pretty good sequel. not as good as the first. The locations and sets are still beautiful and well done and the cast/characters are still really good. But there are times where I feel it is trying to hard to be like the first and not being a fresh film.

• Sep 02, 2015

No bad for a sequel to a good western!

No bad for a sequel to a good western!

• Jun 18, 2015