American Horror Story: Freak Show Reviews

• Oct 21, 2019

The two-head character was so gross that it made the show unwatchable for me.

The two-head character was so gross that it made the show unwatchable for me.

• Oct 13, 2019

7.3/10 It's more drama than horror, and it's much slower than previous seasons, but Freak Show is saved through some fantastic direction, a killer clown, and some wonderful performances from Sarah Paulson, Finn Wittrock, and Jessica Lange (not to mention a two-faced guest role from Wes Bentley).

• Oct 06, 2019

It's far from terrifying specially after episode 4. But it has something that touched my heart. I can totally get what this season is trying to portray, beautifully.

• Oct 06, 2019

Season 3 of American Horror Story took all kinds of risks with social commentary and politics with the magical elements Now Season 4 takes us back to the 1950s era but with something far more out of the ordinary with Freak Show This season starts with the murder of a mother and the discovery of conjoined twin sisters Bette and Dot by a show owner, Elsa Newcomers are Skyler Samuels and Michael Chiklis along with regular players Jessica Lange, Emma Roberts, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett and Sarah Paulson At this attraction many of the displays are Bette and Dot, a teen with conjoined fingers, a bearded woman, world's smallest lady, and a three breasted wife The residents living in this side show face all kinds of prejudice and persecution which makes sense given the time period here; the best they can do is stand together and not let the rest of everyone else treat them like dirt To make matters worse a psychotic clown is killing so many people and taken a young girl and a boy hostage. Everyone is quick to blame the freaks at the carnival. A rich boy Dandy leaves his mother to seek something more to his suiting even if it's very twisted. He may have more than 1 murderous bone in his body. As the season goes on several members of the 'freak' family keep going and coming back asking where they truly belong. Elsa might also start changing herself maybe not for the better. Even though she did take in all of these outcasts when they had nowhere else to go she begins to have other reservations. Are the so-called normal people the real monsters living bitter, bored lives? There's nothing worse than loving someone you can't have. Imagine being a freak for just being normal. Who are the real freaks in this crazy messed up world? Sometimes all us ‘freaks' have is each other. This season dives deeply into the strange, the bizarre, the macabre, although it never truly frightens like previous seasons and it tends to get a bit too dramatic. But there's a cool connection to another season of the show and the 1950s era of fear and communism fits very well masking people's paranoia and mistrust in those whom are physically different from us. ‘Freak Show' succeeds showing what goes on behind the curtains for a change.

• Oct 01, 2019

I think the director failed miserably on this one. The story was all over the place with a lot plot holes, like what happened to Stanley and Chester. It's a shame they wasted such a nice cast.

• Sep 28, 2019

American Horror Story: Freakshow has its moments of sheer terror, but the series falters as a whole with an uneven storyline. It is saved with the ensemble of actors and actresses, the cinematography, and the writing of diverse, effective characters.

• Apr 10, 2019

This season had no storyline, the one good plot line was Elsa and her Germany days and they went nowhere with it. This season was like a can of sprite that's sat on your nightstand over night. Flat and bitter tasting.

• Mar 23, 2019

Maybe my favourite season of AHS since Murder House. More raw, more emotional. The underlying issues of acceptance and self-love are counterpoint to some truly terrifying and twisted villains. Beware if youâ??re not cool with clowns because this one had me looking away even though Iâ??ve always liked them. Finn Wittrock is a great addition and creepy AF. Kathy Bates is the heart this time, but the entire extended cast is so solid.

• Feb 28, 2019

Not as good as Coven and Murder House for me but still a great addition to the American Horror Story franchise. Quirky and Clever plots and tie ins to the others. *(Spoiler alert)* Apart from the massacre which was like theyâ??d ran out of ideas so just wiped them all out to be done of it!

• Jan 07, 2019

Again, a personal favourite! Probably one of the most emotional season throughout 8 seasons. Jessica Lange as Elsa Mars was on point by portraying her emotional battle and struggle, toward herself, and the show. Nice add to the musical acts and showing multiple conflicts without confusing the audience. Love!