American Horror Story: Hotel Reviews

• Nov 02, 2019

"Hotel" shows us how the show can go on without the presence and prominence of Jessica Lange, who had said she would not return to AHS. From incredible performances in which the main cast shows us every year their skills to make their characters the best. Lady Gaga's integration was a big positive surprise, as her performance as "The Countess" was mysterious, sexy and bloody. The plot of the "10 Commandments Killer" was very ingenious and carried afloat all season, perhaps with predictable plot twists and unnecessary subplots, but still "AHS: Hotel" still has that wonderful invisible look that makes "American Horror Story" epic.

• Oct 27, 2019

Not one of my favorite seasons. However, I was intrigued with Lady Gaga. She was a nice addition and very convincing as the countess. Angela Bassett who is one of my favorite actors made me sick in this season with the over dramatic acting, ugh. Or maybe it I grew tired of the ridiculous bloody mouth on all of the actors. They over did it with the dope needles scenes, grotesque blood drinking, stitches, bad accents and body parts. There is a such thing as "too much." This season was my least favorite of all. It barely kept my attention but the last 4 seasons are the reason for my commitment through the worst part of the American Horror relationship. I sure hope Season 6 makes more sense. Let's get back to original - excellent storytelling. Thanks.

• Oct 22, 2019

Too much nudity and gore. Boring.

Too much nudity and gore. Boring.

• Oct 13, 2019

the next chapter of the popular FX horror series continues this time the creators have Season 5 taking place at the Cortez Hotel in Los Angeles where all sorts of nightmarish happenings ensue regular cast members include Kathy Bates, Wes Bentley, Chloe Sevigny, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, and Angela Basset the newest additions here include Cheyenne Jackson, Matt Boemer and popular artist Lady Gaga the opening has two foreign sisters check into the hotel only to find a deformed man sewn inside their mattress, meanwhile the main focus is on Detective John Lowe digging into a murder case it might even be connected to this establishment Gaga plays the Countess who slays her customers and consumes their blood plus each occupant suffers a nasty fate based on the Ten Commandments; thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife etc. turns out she's a bloodthirsty vampire whom also has 3 kids, one of which is also the missing son of the detective he lost a while back and it looks like he's knee deep under her influence James Patrick Marge was the creator of the hotel from the 1920's with an insatiable appetite for killing so essentially he put together a torture chamber for all his victims and disposing of them a female 1970's movie star from the Countess' past comes back to exact revenge on her for taking away what she loved most, the flashbacks also show that the Countess doesn't approve of another queen creating others and she actually gave birth to a child but it wasn't exactly traditional Certain souls who die at the hotel are stuck and cursed to carry on the bloodlust until they find their true purpose The rest of the season is a fight for power struggle, we learn the Ten Commandments killer's true nature and why everyone is doomed to live the life they do all kinds of dangers exist so we must protect our children at all times, God exists everywhere even in our hearts, people do enough damage without the supernatural involved, two parts of the world exist; the light has us be who we truly are and the shadows are what lies eternal suffering, emotions are like flavors you can taste them based on what they are, maybe Death is the only salvation where no rules exist, if you can't go out into the world bring the world to you 'Hotel' may underwhelm a lot of viewers given the choices the writers decided to go with this time around but I didn't end up hating this season I found myself genuinely creeped out with all the dark corners, the shadows, the set designs, the various dark figures making their presence known, and loving the hell out of Lady Gaga next to Wes Bentley's chilling performance truly felt a lot of elements from 'The Shining' as well think what you will but 'Hotel' is really one of my favorite seasons so far

• Oct 06, 2019

Fun and Gory, still not remarkable though specially when the Amazing Jessica Lange was not present. I'll also admit Lady Gaga was not a bad addition to the cast.

• Sep 28, 2019

In Lady GaGa's debut on the television screen, American Horror Story: Hotel revitalizes the series with a diverse new spin of 'The Shining' in a way. Well acted, well written, and well directed.

• Sep 19, 2019

Gaga was just breathtaking

Gaga was just breathtaking

• Sep 13, 2019

This is a big shit...

This is a big shit...

• Aug 13, 2019

I enjoyed this season, not as much as the previous 4, but there was alot to be enjoyed. The cast are great, and Gaga is also good, though not as great as Lange would have been in that charactor. It is a stylish season and i think reviewers where harsh in initial reviews. 3.5/5

• Aug 10, 2019

This season was pretty darn good. I enjoyed it when they brought back all the serial killers. Very entertaining.