Big Little Lies: Season 2 Reviews

• 2d ago

Second season was such a step down from first! It turned into a soap opera kind of series. Celeste and Renata's story were the only ones that made me want to continue watching it. Hope the next season is better.

• Sep 07, 2019

Loved the first Season. The second season was a struggle to watch. Did they change writers or just run out of ideas? Predictable responses to abuse. Interesting characters with great potential to grow become one dimensional as they each crumble into lost souls. Let the show die if it's going to be more of the same.

• Sep 02, 2019

Unnecessary Season 2. We did not learn anything useful. It was made just for showing off - a dueling of two (three?) good actress on screen.

• Aug 25, 2019

Picking up right where it left off, Big Little Lies goes deeper into the inner workings of these incredible women whom feel the extent of what they've done. This season, Nicole Kidman and Zoe Kravitz especially shine in the development of their respective characters. The addition of Meryl Streep was genius, and only added to the twisty, dark secrets that engulf the lives of five women. The cinematography and direction are highlights this season. Spectacular!

• Aug 24, 2019

Another phenomenal season from this show. I can't wait for a Season 3.

Another phenomenal season from this show. I can't wait for a Season 3.

• Aug 19, 2019

Season two stumbled, and then plummeted off a cliff. I'm not very surprised. They painted themselves into a corner, as there were no initial intentions of a second season and the novel's story was concluded.

• Aug 18, 2019

Not quite as tight and good as season 1. The Celeste / Mary Louise storyline is excellent, and Madeline and Ed are maybe more interesting than in season 1, but other characters' storylines suffer. Jane was one of the most interesting characters in season 1, but her storyline this season was not executed very well. They really, really tried to make Bonnie a more interesting and in fact central character this season, and I applaud the effort, but I'm not sure that the way her character is written ever quite works as well as some of the others. The central drama of the season doesn't really make sense until the last two episodes, and then it gets tied up in a bow a bit too neatly.

• Aug 17, 2019

Season 2 (and the series?) has come to an end with a surprising great finale full of shocking moments. It was satisfying to see more of the Monterey Five after the big event in Season 1, having to deal now with Mary Louise played by the terrific and powerful Meryl Streep seeking justice. She just leaves you open-mouthed whenever she's on screen. All the drama faced by each and every one of the actresses is enough to make you care and feel for their characters a great deal. Many questions unanswered and more time at Monterey might be necessary.

• Aug 17, 2019

Tweak story line and acting...the Meryl Streep character has to go.

Tweak story line and acting...the Meryl Streep character has to go.

• Aug 09, 2019

All the complex and fleshed out character are substituted by one dimensional caricatures of desperate Monterrey housewives