Bless the Harts: Season 1 Reviews

• Dec 02, 2019

I was really excited to watch this show when I seen the previews. Once, I started watching, did not like it at all....It's senseless and not funny...I don't watch it anymore!!!!!

• Nov 18, 2019

It just doesnt resonate with me. From the plot to the animation. It isnt working.

• Nov 11, 2019

I'm surprised at how bad this show is. Maya Rudolph & Kristen Wiig are usually so funny. I'm wondering if they even read the scripts before they do each episode. It's really not funny, in any way. The premise is hackneyed, "Hey! Let's be white trash, cause we always got laughs doing it in our improv groups!" Yawn. Or, maybe the creator of the show has something on them. I can't imagine anyone doing this show, unless they were being blackmailed. #NotOneOriginalThingInThisShow

• Nov 04, 2019

What a horrible show with crappy animation.

What a horrible show with crappy animation.

• Oct 22, 2019

I think we've been desensitized by adult animated shows, this is a well meaning show trying to show some .. heart. But it lacks grit or bite.. something chewy, I don't think its bad its just very mediocre and inoffensive, to my tastes this is better than bojack horseman which i dislike but a lot of people love that (no idea why) this might get better when it finds its feet

• Oct 21, 2019

We've watched several episodes as a family and we've only laughed a couple of times. We're not sure how it made it to TV. And we've lost all confidence in Rotten Tomatoes critics - giving it an 82?!?

• Oct 20, 2019

Stereotypical, unoriginal and not funny. Not worth the time.

Stereotypical, unoriginal and not funny. Not worth the time.

• Oct 14, 2019

Kind of feels like "My Name is Earl" or "Raising Hope" as an animated show. Not the greatest but enjoyable and has heart.

• Oct 14, 2019

The first episode was rough but it gets better and better every episode. These characters are lovable, kind and funny. The Mom ( Betty) really shines as the episodes go on. Give it a good shot.

• Oct 08, 2019

I read some of the advance publicity for this show, and decided to give it (the 2nd episode) a try last night. Today I wish I could get it out of my head! The promo hype makes you think the main thing about the Hart family is that they all love each other very much, despite being very poor. Actually, the main thing about the show is that almost every character seems to have suffered severe brain damage. The mother, Jenny, and the daughter, Violet, are the only two people in town who have average intelligence. Voice actors who do accents badly are par for the course in Hollywood. But these drawls are so saccharine and coarse, that you almost need subtitles. The slow pace of speech used by the restaurant owner (The Last Supper) is enough to drive you crazy. It's nuts-making to wait for her just to finish her line! The Harts are another example of TV's poor white trash stereotypes. Show creator Emily Spivey is from the town she sends up in the Harts. She's told every interviewer with a keyboard or a TV camera that this is some kind of love letter to the area. She's even broken out your fourth-grade teacher's old bromide -- that we're supposed to "laugh with (the Harts) rather than at them." That's ridiculous. You're supposed to sympathetically chuckle with people who eat dozens of biscuits at a time, are chronically unemployed, spend all their money on lottery scratch-offs, and slam down grits at strip clubs? You don't want to laugh "with" the Harts, you want to keep your distance. Another selling point for the show is that it was created by a woman and has a female-heavy cast. That's great, but then there's that small detail about only two women in town having three-digit IQs. Spivey has made much of the fact that she's from the South, that she's homesick for it, and so on. If the town she's from is anything like this redneck hellscape, no one can blame her for leaving. But why is anyone else supposed to spend half an hour of their precious entertainment time in the place? "Bless the Harts" is already in my rearview mirror.