Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 6 Reviews

• 4d ago

Brooklyn Nine-Nine has the same unexpected comedy as the office and delivers its jokes terrifically.

• 4d ago

B99 great. Actually funny without any overly hateful political bent. It's about comedy, not the grand socio-political events of the day.

• 4d ago

I was concerned that B99 changing from Fox to NBC would change the tone and nature of the comedy (even though I love other NBC sitcoms) I am incredibly happy to say that season 6 is one of my all time B99 seasons to date.

• 5d ago

Brooklyn Nine Nine started out as an experiment in comedy, turning what appears on the surface to be serious, grim and dark affairs into fertile grounds for mining comedy gold with a likable(not to mention diverse)cast with great chemistry and phenomenal acting skills, a unique premise, new dynamics in the archetypical sitcom group that allowed for hilarious character interactions and fresh jokes, and even an overarching plot and exciting story arcs that were intentionally loaded with tropes, clichès and references to action-thriller and cop-buddy movies that most generations are familiar with. The first three and a half seasons were brilliant; the showrunners somehow managed to craft a show that was almost perfect by sprinkling in the right ingredients in the right amounts in the melting pot that is writing. One of the most remarkable things about the first few seasons of the show was how carefully the showrunners constructed the relationships between various characters while also building intriguing stories that could play out in parallel to the formation of these intricately crafted relationships without losing our attention. The Holt-Jake dynamic, for example, was what made this show so memorable for me. The moment when Jake calls Holt 'Dad' felt very natural and not all forced, and while none of us ever saw it coming, it still makes perfect sense. Hence, this show also has a very harmonising nature; it successfully uses the accumulation of thousands of character interactions to build incredible character dynamics in the long run. The Gina-Jake and Boyle-Jake dynamics are also examples of how well-written the first few seasons of this show was.

• 6d ago

Great show! Hilarious, and you connect with the characters. Highly recommend.

Great show! Hilarious, and you connect with the characters. Highly recommend.

• 6d ago

Good laughs. Can watch with my teen.

Good laughs. Can watch with my teen.

• Oct 07, 2019

Quirky misfits fit perfectly together in this cop comedy with multiple leads.

Quirky misfits fit perfectly together in this cop comedy with multiple leads.

• Oct 06, 2019

Bad season : low jokes (vomiting in a bar while giving a nice speech, so original), no storyline and no Chelsea Peretti. Hard pass.

• Oct 02, 2019

A recipe for a heartfelt, complex, and hilarious sitcom forged through the glorious fires of the Office and Parks and Recreation.

• Oct 01, 2019