David Makes Man: Season 1 Reviews

• Nov 06, 2019

This show was OUTSTANDING. I binged the entire season in one night...could not stop watching. It will suck you in and make you care for the characters and their struggles. I highly recommend you give this show a chance. The acting is first-rate by performers you may have never heard of before.

• Oct 31, 2019

Exceptional and innovative. Despite some clunky moments the cast shines and makes good use of the excellent, deeply emotive material.

• Oct 28, 2019

Dope show! Raw, authentic and beautifully shot. Looking forward to Season 2!

Dope show! Raw, authentic and beautifully shot. Looking forward to Season 2!

• Oct 22, 2019

If you dont get the way this show delivers you are lucky enough to have never suffered PTSD or anxiety or the struggles of a mother, father, community working to keep their young safe and moving in the right direction no matter how difficult the path , no matter how tempting what seems like easy money will always come at a price. A very acurate portrayal... the reality is this was someones reality which many can relate to but not voice... well done on an amazing production

• Oct 17, 2019

Beautifully crafted. Lyrical. Thought provoking. David draws you into his word and into his dreams...

• Oct 10, 2019

"David Makes Man" should be doing a heck of a lot better in the other tv ratings (as of 10/10/2019). It is a spectacular series, and Akili McDowell in the title role has to be seen to be believed. So does Alana Arenas who plays David's mom. The sides I've seen to all the other characters leave me wanting to know more about them. I am fully invested in everyone's story.

• Oct 02, 2019

Great coming of age story of a boy trying to be successful while living in the Ghetto.

• Sep 29, 2019

If you liked Moonlight, then you'll love this. If you hate vague and unexplained scenes, this may not be the show for you. The show wants to speak on black masculinity and code-switching but lacks the understanding to deliver on promises.

• Sep 28, 2019

If you´re interestedanother silly, nonsense, cheap, plagiarizing lgbt brainwashing, Enjoy!

• Sep 27, 2019

I have watched it every week and DVR it for future reference. It is so necessary to understand the minds of our young black men. The scene where he wants to cry and hug his mother is so authentic. His crush on Tare. The revelation of his biggest anxiety ...the man that murdered Sky was all so well portrayed.