Hot Date: Season 2 Reviews

• Nov 22, 2019

The second season of Hot Date on PopTV continues the misadventures of couple Emily (Emily Axford) and Murph (Brian K. Murphy), this time planning their upcoming nuptials, and a rotating cast of other characters played by the two main actors, looking at love and related topics. I definitely thought this season was funnier than the first. There are a lot of funny lines. Both Emily and Murph are narcissists, but they never come off as ingratiating, mainly because they are dummies and most of their plans blow up in their faces. Plus, the weird connection between the two is kind of touching. The actors do a great job as both parody versions of themselves, and also as chameleons, bringing multiple wacky characters into life. The show has moved from Chicago to New Orleans and the new setting works pretty well. The surrounding area is more interesting, and the culture comes into play on more than one occasion. I recommend you give this a chance.