Modern Love: Season 1 Reviews

• 5d ago

Terrible! Unlikable characters, creepy storylines and overly sappy.

Terrible! Unlikable characters, creepy storylines and overly sappy.

• Nov 29, 2019

Honestly I just saw it because it was directed by John Carney, a movie director that never disappointed me, until now. Was this any good? Not really. Was this a refreshing story without cliches, realistic and pertinent? Nope. Don't waste your valious time in this bunch of nothing.

• Nov 26, 2019

I tried. I really tried but the stories lack any structure and weight for short-form storytelling.

• Nov 26, 2019

If you want to watch boring rich white people, this is the show for you. It is boring. It is slow. It is overindulgent. I do not understand why people like this show.

• Nov 26, 2019

Top level original storytelling. A pleasure to watch.

Top level original storytelling. A pleasure to watch.

• Nov 25, 2019

Simply wonderful, poetic and true.

Simply wonderful, poetic and true.

• Nov 16, 2019

This is my 2nd favorite new show of 2019 and is one of my favorite shows of all time. The stories were exceptionally well written and I loved how unique each one was. The music especially the opening theme was outstanding. My favorite episode was "Take Me as I Am, Whoever I Am" then it was "Hers Was a World of One", "When the Doorman Is Your Main Man", "At the Hospital, an Interlude of Clarity", "The Race Grows Sweeter Near Its Final Lap", "When Cupid Is a Prying Journalist", "Rallying to Keep the Game Alive", and my least favorite episode was "So He Looked Like Dad. It Was Just Dinner, Right?". The acting was phenomenal especially from Anne Hathaway, Christin Milioti, John Slattery, Laurentiu Possa, Olivia Cooke, Tina Fey, Catherine Keener, Julia Garner, Sofia Boutella, John Gallagher Jr., Dev Patel, Jane Alexander, Andrew Scott, Andy Garcia, James Saito, and Shea Whigham. Overall this first season was a A+.

• Nov 06, 2019

This was an AMAZING compilation of stories that hit on many themes of the concept of "love" I cried when I finished the last one, because it was a great episode but mostly because it had ended! MORE MORE!!!

• Nov 03, 2019

Episode 1, 2, 3 are very good.

Episode 1, 2, 3 are very good.

• Nov 03, 2019

While there were a few stories that definitely tugged at the heartstrings (Take Me As I Am, So He Looked Like Dad...) much of it was a bit over-sentimental. Particularly the last episode when they tried to tie all the stories together. Also, the New York backdrop has been done to death. All and all though, it was enjoyable viewing.