Poldark: Season 5 Reviews

• 2d ago

Sappy, unbelievable plot twists. Too many love scenes. Poor acting all around....

• Nov 18, 2019

I was a fan of the PBS series, Poldark, but my enthusiasm waned in Season 4 and was completely quashed in Season 5, which amplifies everything that is wrong with this production: a consistently weak script that lacks plausibility and cannot be saved even by the beautiful visuals. This Poldark production is a sad statement about where PBS has come: sacrificing dramatic quality in order to play the ratings game, pandering to the lowest common denominator of modern audience demands for fast-paced action. The actors were powerless to overcome the bad material; sometimes I wondered if they had to fight the gag reflex when saying their lines. I echo the sentiments of other audience reviewers: "Thank god it's over".

• Nov 18, 2019

So sad that Poldark has come to an end. It has been excellent for all five seasons.

• Nov 04, 2019

Season five is a travesty of what Poldark had been...unrecognizable characters, sensationalistic, vapid plots. Each episode has been worse than the one before. They should have ended with season four....it is a shame for Poldark, which had been very fine, to end on this note.

• Oct 30, 2019

They had a choice to make - jump forward ten years with the books and move the focus to the next generation - do what they did. I'm sad that they didn't do the whole saga. I think there is plenty of good material in the last 4 books. I think the acting and production values are first rate as they have been all along.

• Oct 24, 2019

Mr Hansen, in Season 5, is the Jar Jar Binks of Poldark. If it's the writers intent to annoy the fans with Mr. Hansen, they've succeeded. We had 4 believable five-star Poldark seasons followed up by a season 5 💩. The "George going crazy" story line is good. And him escaping Trenwith in his night gown is gold. But I'm begging to think it's a British Isles tradition to shit the bed during the final chapter: Game of Thrones, India, America, Poldark...

• Oct 20, 2019

Thank God it's over.

Thank God it's over.

• Oct 19, 2019

A tired and bleh storyline. They either should have ended it at Season 4 or followed the books. This season is just bad.

• Oct 07, 2019

Big fan of the series, but this season was poorly written. A shame to end on this note.

• Oct 07, 2019

This was always going to be the final season, and the makers gave us what we needed: a wonderful season largely wrapped up with a bow. It had its fair share of tension and annoyance, particularly when the character of Ned went more and more off the rails, but it all wrapped up wonderfully, giving many characters the best exit imaginable. I'm not a reader of the books, so the deviation from the text is no problem for me. Great series. Excellent ending.