Tuca & Bertie: Season 1 Reviews

• 6d ago

The show Tuca & Bertie depicts the female identity in a varying and relatable way that addresses many trending topics and their coinciding issues, such as career advancement and workplace sexual harassment. Also, to all review readers, I would note the majority (all) of negative comments thus far have been posted by men... hence the dilution of the audience score. To quote a WTUS meeting, "Get out of my space, or I'll break your face" (Bertie, 2019).

• Oct 16, 2019

Absolutely loved it. Would definitely also let my kids watch it, if I had any to cut out on taboos. A new approach to everyday subjects for women aswell as for men.

• Oct 10, 2019

Beyond fantastic show. While illustrating common issues in every day life amongst the working class, it also dives into mental issues people go through in a daily routine and how to handle toxic situations while keeping a comedic outlook. Unlike its similar created shows like Bojack Horseman, audience can relate more to the characters and what they deal with. It is both emotionally deep and hilarious in a perfect duality. Definitely a huge step for modern animation.

• Oct 09, 2019

Not too bad, but the storyline quickly exposes itself as pretty narrow and repetitive.

• Oct 09, 2019

It was okay. Animation was nice, paired with a colorful and fantastical world. Unfortunately the only likeable character was Speckles. Another annoying bit was the series acting like things such as excessive, extreme catcalling was just something that happened all the time, opening up a lot of jabs against men as a whole. I just find it pretty obnoxious and cringey when shows do this, cause it just happens so often. In conclusion, I'm sick of political agendas. They ruin shows.

• Oct 07, 2019

A breath of fresh air and a little bit cuckoo. Tackles the weird life of living as an adult female in today's world, including some of the darker parts, but leaves you with a warm hug in the end. DESERVES CONTINUATION!

• Oct 02, 2019

I wish this show had been given another season. I used to get up early just to watch an episode of Tuca & Bertie before work to set the tone and give myself the enthusiasm and honesty I needed to get through my work day. It felt truly original and fun all while being relatable and handling real world issues.

• Oct 01, 2019

It is a tragic disgrace that this show was cancelled after not even being out for 3 months. What a fun, creative, eccentric, delightful experience it was watching Tuca and Bertie. Tiffany Haddish and Ali Wong did an exceptional job portraying this wonderful characters. I am so grateful to Lisa Hanawalt for creating this beautiful show. I just wish we would be allowed to see more of it.

• Oct 01, 2019

Absolutely unique and fresh. The show manages to balance sentimentality and tough conversations with humor. It gets better with each rewatch

• Sep 29, 2019

so sad it's not getting a second season, the characters, art style and just everything about it made it one of my all time favorite shows