Watchmen: Season 1 Reviews

• 13h ago

So far interesting and more grounded in reality than the typical superhero movie. They wisely left Dr. Manhattan out. But, Lindelof has always disappointed in the end. He'd better pull a these threads together....

• 13h ago

The tempo is off most of the time

The tempo is off most of the time

• 14h ago

It makes no sense to use the Watchmen IP. If you want to tell a new story, use new characters. Don't rewrite characters into something they never were. If you're going to do that, use Pooh and Eeyore. If the show had a compelling story, it could've relied on that. Instead it bargains names and masks for our attention, making the actual issues in the characters lives incredibly superficial, and the plot pointless. So now we have X number of seasons of a series we have no faith in. The thing is, I really do like HBO. I grew watching it. But I do not like this show.

• 18h ago

As someone who is a fan of the comic and loves Jeremy Irons, I LOVE THIS SHOW. The pacing is just right, and they managed to make a boring character from the comics SO cool. You really should read the comic before watching. I appreciate that the show does not waste time giving too much exposition, but that can be seen as a negative if you have no idea what is going on. The movie isn't really a good basis because they leave out/ change a lot of key details.

• 20h ago

I was confused because I thought this was based on the movie. Who are all these new people? I didnt like it cause it was not very superheroic. It was more like watching cops

• 22h ago

I love this show! So many mysteries to keep you hooked, while the episodes come out. Speaking of which, I can't wait for the next episodes to come out.

• 23h ago

Mystery Boxes for mystery boxes sake just don't work in 2019. You need to have a strong narrative thats not based on answering questions with more questions.

• 1d ago

Great continuation of Watchmen universe with strong storytelling and excelent performance of Ozymandias by Jeremy Irons.

• 1d ago

Contrary to the majority of the audience "critics", this show has proven to be one of the best in class this year. If you are looking for a more direct comic to screen portrayal, Snyder's 2009 movie generally fulfills that. This iteration allows the viewers to navigate its intricate plot lines and cultural themes through its talented cast and well paced writing. In addition to the top tier acting, Watchmen's production boasts visually captivating scenery and design while being further bolstered by its mix of neo-industrial and theme relevant soundtrack. Don't expect spoon fed canon, but in a crowded genre this show demands praise.

• 2d ago

So far so good. I am really enjoying the show even though it deviates from the original content, the writing, production, and acting are excellent. I look forward to seeing more.