Wu-Tang: An American Saga: Season 1 Reviews

• 27m ago

Really got me from the get go. Love how the characters come together. You don't need to be from the streets or black to relate to the characters and the story. Just good storytelling and acting.

• 3d ago

Pretty cool to how it all started for the greatest rap group ever!

Pretty cool to how it all started for the greatest rap group ever!

• 4d ago

the best show on tv rn wu tang forever

the best show on tv rn wu tang forever

• 5d ago

I've been a long time fan of the Wu, since 1997, when I first heard them, and I loved the first 3 episodes. The only complaints I've got, is that Young Dirty Bastard (Ol' Dirty Bastard's real son), should have played him. And, the actors that play RZA, Ghost & Rae, don't look anything like them. But they're still great actors none the less. The actor playing Raekwon, at least has Rae's swagger & mannerisms down perfectly. So at the end of the day, its understandable why RZA chose them. Besides that, it's been an incredible story so far. I had no idea that Raekwon & Ghostface, were worst enemies, and literally trying to murder each other. That really took me by surprise, as a long time fan. Especially, considering the fact, that out of the whole group, Raekwon & Ghostface somehow must have managed to not only squash the beef entirely, but to even become best friends, on top of that! And they collaborated together on multiple albums. I'm intrigued to see how they end they're beef eventually. And I love how the RZA brought animated segments into the show, depicting drug-users, as different animals. The animated segments, had a very Ralph Bakshi kind of style to them. I'm also happy to see that RZA brought a bunch of his Kung-Fu influences into the show. The actor they chose to play as Rakim, at the Eric B & Rakim concert, absolutely nailed it! I both looked & sounded exactly like Rakim. All in all, I've gotta give this a 5 star rating. This series is off to a great start, and I can't wait to see more. Bravo RZA & Alex Tse.

• 5d ago

A gritty and epic coming of age tale that's a must watch for anyone into hip-hop, or music in general.

• 6d ago

Epic show can't wait till more episodes come out

Epic show can't wait till more episodes come out

• Sep 07, 2019

Nick Shauger of the Daily Beast wrote a horrible review and he clearly knows nothing of the struggle in The Hood USA. He criticizes the fact that the hustle was and is still very real. The show MUST not dismiss the reality of the "Hustle". This writer dismissed it as though there was another reality to portray in the early Wu Tang days. This is great work and every show that exposes the reality that exists for black men in the Hood should be celebrated because often times the streets was all they had. Nick is ashamed because his "group" has been keeping all the opportunity for themselves.

• Sep 06, 2019

If you're looking for a ‘feel good' story about a band, this is not it. So far (these first few episodes), you are walked step by step through the grit and grime of life in Staten Island. I'm interested to see how the next episodes will be.