Wu-Tang: An American Saga: Season 1 Reviews

• Nov 06, 2019

fantastic tv serie love the acting, story and i demand minimum a season 2, 3, 4 :D

• Oct 28, 2019

This was amazingly entertaining. I really enjoyed reliving the 90's New York hip hop era. It was really educational, it put into perspective a lot of the lyrical content from my favorite hip hop group. I didn't enjoy the biggie or pac movies, they were weak, skinny on the details, didn't tell us or show us anything the fans didn't already know. The Wu was different it had a lot that nobody knew. Meth used to play Lacrosse, Rae used to work for Power, Power used to work for Dreads, Ghost and RZA hustled together, GZA first album was all industry politics. This is an exceptional series, high quality in all fronts.

• Oct 28, 2019

Amazing show, can't wait for it's Season 2

Amazing show, can't wait for it's Season 2

• Oct 27, 2019

While this preliminary season of a fictionalized account of the Wu-Tang legacy (Dropping the same year as the more enticing doc series Wu-Tang: Of Mics and Men), An American Saga doesn't fully succeed in avoiding bio-pic cliches, but it thankfully retains much of the group's offbeat nature. Digging deep into the members' histories, the show weaves embellishment and fidelity to create an honorable tapestry to the Wu-Tang, and its best moments are when it realizes the group's signature humor. There are quite a few surprising scenarios here (I might have expected a Wu-Tang series to feature a fantasized kung-fu flick dub that uses vulgar slang words, but I certainly didn't expect a somber sequence featuring a Leonard Cohen song), and the filmmaking remains consistently strong, particularly in Labels, an episode that consists of five long-takes and authentically conveys the bullshit that artists deal with when taking on a record deal. Solid acting too, even if some casting is a bit questionable (Ashton Sanders just doesn't seem to embody RZA), and some narrative choices seem more pedestrian than the stylization would suggest. Fans of the crew should definitely watch this, but new comers are best to just listen to their excellent music instead, which (as is often the case with biopics) offers up far more excitement, satisfaction, drama and insight.

PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER SEASON

PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER SEASON

• Oct 24, 2019

Amazing Biopic, pounding sound track, good laughs and a true sense of the struggle it took to make it to the top.

• Oct 24, 2019

Loved it, and ready for more!

Loved it, and ready for more!

• Oct 23, 2019

I love it. Love the way it's set up. First of all not knowing who the characters are going in is perfect symbolism that Wu-Tang members were a bunch of nobodies coming together everything against them. As the series comes together you start realizing who's who. The show displays how important hard talent, hard work, perseverance, and always a bit of luck is so important to making it big. Phenomenal acting all around! ODB and Raekwon are on point everyone else is too but just had to mention those 2 because they've got the look down. Wu-Tang again and again

• Oct 23, 2019

Fantastic! Will be impatiently waiting for season 2.

Fantastic! Will be impatiently waiting for season 2.

• Oct 22, 2019

I can't stop watching it. Great cast and acting. The men are super sexy! Must watch!